- Good lord this book is long!
- Only 62 pages in, and we’ve already gone through a generation and a half of characters.
- Is all of this history just a setup for the “real” story?
Sometime after Make magazine Volume 4 came out, I built the circuit board for a CMoy headphone amplifier. I tried to fit the amp in an altoids tin as the article suggested, but with the larger capacitors I used it was just a little too big. I put the completed board aside for a while, until a friend bought an iPod shuffle. The clear plastic box the iPod came in proved to have plenty of room for the CMoy. I just wish I’d been a little more organized with the wiring.
Last night I dreamed that I was lost in a large complex that was some strange amalgamation of a huge hospital and an electronics store. The most memorable image from this dream was an underground hallway with a beautiful terrazzo floor. Although I don’t remember most of my dreams, there are some recurring themes in the ones I can recall:
- Architecture – The interior layout of a building is important in many of my dreams. Often, I find myslef on a quest to reach the “coolest” part of the building. The layout of the building(s) often changes over the course of the dream. At the beginning of one dream my parents’ house was in its normal configuration, by the end it had sprouted towers and secret passages.
- Confusion – A feeling of being “dropped” into the middle of a situation with no knowledge of what led up to it. I also often have the feeling that I’m supposed to be doing something, but can’t do it because I don’t know what it is.
- Physical/Mental Limitation – Frequently in my dreams I am subject to some sort of disability that prevents me from functioning properly. In some dreams my vision is so fuzzy that I am essentially blind. In many (most?), I am unable to walk properly (e.g. I walk stooped over, or very slowly, or fall down frequently). Sometimes I’m just not able to think.
I’m sure the psychoanalysts could have a field day with this information (a Freudian Field Day, hehehe).
Here’s all the states I’ve visited so far.
create your own personalized map of the USA
Updated 8/2006 to include Oregon and Washington
Added Oklahoma 12/2007, although I actually went there in July
Went to Utah 7/2008
Drove through KY, TN & NC 5/2011
Apparently I would fit in well with the crews of my two favorite sci-fi shows.
|You scored as Serenity (Firefly). You like to live your own way and don’t enjoy when anyone but a friend tries to tell you should do different. Now if only the Reavers would quit trying to skin you.
Now that I’ve fixed a problem in the page headers, all of the static pages on atomicllama.com should be valid xhtml. Turns out that while it’s OK to nest an < a > tag inside an < h1 > tag, the reverse is not valid. There’s still a couple of problems with the blog themes to fix.